About Michael Cohen
Michael Cohen has over 33 years of clinical experience and therefore brings a wealth of knowledge to his practice. Originally a Samaritan, he went on to train in Counselling, Clinical Hypnotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Michael is a specialist in the treatment of anxiety disorders, which includes stress, anxiety, panic attacks, panic disorder, lack of confidence, phobias, social anxiety, health anxiety and much more.
He sees clients for one-to-one therapy and runs workshops on such topics as stress management, Self-acceptance, developing a positive attitude and self-hypnosis. He is a counsellor and is accredited both as a Clinical Hypnotherapist and Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist. Michael is a published author with three books to his name.
Michael’s latest book Rethink It! Practical Ways to Rid Yourself of Anger, Depression, Jealousy and Other Common Problems is also receiving great reviews.
His corporate clients have included:
- Dixon’s Store Groups PLC (now known as Curry’s PC World)
- Reed Business Publications
- The Home Office
- B.U.P.A. psychological services
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Ericksonian Hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Certificate In Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate’s in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Diploma in Adlerian Counselling
- Certificate in Supervision
- Master Practitioner In Smoking Cessation Hypnotherapy
- The NHSTA – Directory of Complementary and Alternative Practitioners
- The Association for Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- National Council for Hypnotherapy – Accredited Hypnotherapist
- The Register For Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- Professional Member of the Association of Contextual Behavioural Science (ACT Therapist)
- CNHC Registered
The Department of Health recommends that, when looking for a hypnotherapist, you consult with someone who is CNHC registered. The CNHC is the UK umbrella regulator for Complementary Health Practitioners.